Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Challenge! Day 7

Week one of the Christmas Challenge complete! Whew!

I blogged about this GW purchase back in October 2006 on my blog "Haphazard Happenstances". Wow, I didn't realize I have been shopping GW for that long. I've surprised myself today!


Anyway, I bought this purse at GW for $5.99. (Funny how everything at GW ends in $.99.) I'm almost 100% sure this purse should not have been out on the store "floor", but rather in the auction area of the store.

Each week, GW holds auctions for the more expensive items. I've seen some pretty interesting stuff come through the auction area from collectible items, antiques, jewelry, clothing/purses, electronics and appliances. Every GW I've ever visited has weekend auctions. I've never participated in the auctions, but it looks like a lot of fun. It always draws a crowd!

On another note, I've only shopped the GW's in my 15 mile radius. I'm interested in venturing out after the holidays to check out the GW's in the "wealthier" areas of town. Is anyone up for a GW shopping trip with me?

2 comments:

  1. Umm... WOW!!!. You find the greatest treasures.
    (materially-minded)..LUV it. Just found this and am REALLY jealous...Our local GW is trashy. I feel guilty coming to RR and wanting to go to GW, but it is one of my fav things to do...WELL besides spoiling grangirls...and what better way to spoil them..LOL.
    Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours. MIMImary

    ReplyDelete
  2. DON'T GET ADDICTED...not good timing..LOL

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!