Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Challenge! Day 2

I'm not a decor kind of girl. I'm pretty simple and don't like a lot of clutter or knick knacks.

I like it in other people's homes, just not mine. So, because of that, I tend to stay away from home interior items. One... I don't know where to put it or what to do with it; And Two... it's just so darn expensive. Whoa nelly!

So honestly, for the good of my sanity (and marriage, b/c Randy doesn't like clutter either OR spending money on clutter) my home is decorated very simple. Sparse some would say... (Some being my mom!)

About 2 years ago I ran across this wrought iron two-tiered stand at Goodwill and decided I'd go ahead and purchase it. Again, not really knowing what I'd do with it, I figured I'd find a use for it eventually. Well, turns out, I didn't have a use for it for the longest time. I originally thought it would be great on my kitchen counter top, but it was too tall. Then, I thought I'd use it as a serving stand when we had guests, but we don't entertain that much. So, it ended up on the floor by my fireplace with no real purpose in life. That is, until Elisan began piling her books in it and so it has become a two-tiered book stand for Elisan's book (and a magazine or two of mine.)

What did I pay for this? $9.99. Not one of my finer moments in deal making history, but it was still a good price. The original price tag is still on the bottom of the stand. It sold at TJ Maxx for $14.99. Like I said, not the best deal all around...

I guess the saying is true, "You win some, you lose some."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!