Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Challenge! Day 21


Have you ever thought about buying furniture at Goodwill or the Salvation Army?

I had been on the lookout for gently used bedroom furniture for Elisan's room for months. I checked Craigslist everyday for new listings, looking for that perfect set.

I even checked GW frequently, but always came up empty handed. However, the Salvation Army in our area has a fabulous furniture area with entire bedroom and living room sets, including antiques, so I decided to swing in there one day to take a look.

I found this furniture set. It came with an amoire, desk and nightstand. It is Lexington brand and is solid wood. It is in nearly perfect condition. I am proud to say that we paid less than $300.00 for all of it!

1 comment:

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!