Saturday, November 21, 2009

Who is Goodwill Gal?

My name is Erica and thank you for stopping by.

Who is Goodwill Gal? Well, I'm a wife to a wonderful God-fearing man of integrity and the mom to two beautiful little girls.

Oh, and did I mention that my husband is the most spend thrift person in the world? Hey, I'm not husband bashing here... it's true! He is a saver, not a spender. And to our benefit, we are living 100% debt free, including owning our home outright. Each purchase we make is purposeful and planned.

Enter Goodwill Gal... See, I'm not as good as my husband is. I mean, I'm female and I like to shop. And the cheaper the better. It just makes sense in my household.

About three years ago, I decided it was high time to lose weight and get fit. I was 34 years old, 25 pounds overweight and I was fed up. As the pounds began to melt off of me, I quickly realized I needed transition clothes. I didn't want to buy a new wardrobe in varied sizes each month, so I decided I'd check out Goodwill for shorts and pants in my new size(s). I was amazed when I found brand name clothing in excellent condition. And for cheap! So, began my Goodwill shopping.

I have found countless deals at Goodwill and other thrift stores like The Salvation Army. And not just for me. I've found deals for my entire family, from sporting goods, toys, furniture, books and of course, clothing.

When I tell people I shop at Goodwill, I get the inevitable "really?" or "ew..." and of course, the "weirded out" expression, but often times, I'll hear, "Me too!" or "I want to join you the next time you go!"

Why wouldn't you want to save money? Why wouldn't you want to be a good steward of the money that God gives you? I know I do. Plus, it keeps my husband happy and everyone knows... if hubby ain't happy... oh, wait... wrong saying.

Enjoy my blog and happy hunting!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!