Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Challenge! Day 4

If you are a reader of my other blog "Haphazard Happenstances" you probably know that I love to lift weights. I even got my husband started in lifting weights as well.

In August of last year, we both read and began training via the book "The New Rules of Lifting" and "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". I love this book and I'm still using it for my lifting workouts.

As Randy progressed in his weights, he'd go to Academy and buy another set of weight plates. Let me just say, weight plates... or really just weights in general are stinkin' expensive. Usually you can expect to pay $1.00 for every pound of weight you buy.
So, when I found a 50lb dumbbell at GW for only $10.99 I knew it was a phenomenal deal. Especially since Randy was needing to bump up his weights. If you are into "pretty" then this dumbbell is not for you. But, for Randy (the redneck) it was perfect!

Great deal, no question about it. This was a no-brainer for me.

2 comments:

  1. very good deal on the 50. Never thought about checking Goodwill for those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also impressed you're using Cosgroves book.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!