Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Deal of the Year!

I'm so excited to blog about my best deal ever!

Today after my workout, I headed over to my favorite Goodwill. Look what I found for $9.00 dollars. That's right... N-I-N-E dollars!


Here's the price to prove it... although, I didn't realize you can hardly read the tag... but trust me, it was $9.00.


I wondered why it was at Goodwill, figuring something must be wrong with it. So, after double checking the return policy (full refund within 48 hours) I decided to buy it.

I made a quick stop by my local grocery store to buy the k-cup coffee cups that this machine uses and I headed home.

I cleaned it up and everything seemed to work fine. I put the k-cup coffee cup in the holder and hit "brew".

Ummm, something was not right...

After doing some research online, I discovered that the K-cup holder or "funnel" was missing. So, I did some more research and discovered that a Keurig replacement funnel was $40. Argh! My good deal was no longer a good deal.

So, I called up one of my friends who owns a Keurig machine and she said that she owns a "My K-Cup" reusable filter and that is should work for me if I wanted to just use my own ground coffee, etc. (Which is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the k-cup coffee cups if you ask me!)

I made a bee-line to Walmart, purchased the "My K-Cup" reusable filter and what do you know? It works PERFECTLY! I can even use the k-cup coffee cups (if I punch a hole in the side of it - for you Keurig owners - you know what I mean...) To make the deal even sweeter, I used a $5.00 off coupon from Walmart on the purchase.


In total, for my new machine, etc., I paid approximately $25.00. This machine retails for $149.00 on Amazon. Whoohoo!

Total score for me, as I was just looking at these machines last weekend with Randy.

3 comments:

  1. Color me green! SO awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome find! If you don't have a water softener, I highly recommend using distilled water in it. Otherwise, you will have to clean it out with vinegar about once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the my k-cup!! Sweet Erica!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!