Thursday, June 3, 2010

Book update and other stuff

Sadly, I never received a response to the email I sent to Goodwill Industries of Central Texas, but in this case, actions speak louder than words!

While in Goodwill yesterday, I noticed the children's book have been re-tagged to $.59 - $.99 each! WHOOHOO! No more price gouging! I was so excited to see this change that we bought three books. I wonder now if I was the only person to complain...

In other news, I recently purchased two really cute items for the girls. The pink Bermuda length shorts are from the GAP. They have adjustable waist and are in excellent condition. I paid $1.99 for them.


The skirt is from The Children's Place and is fully lined and is also in excellent condition. (I took this picture right after I washed it, so the fabric is a little damp and the colors look darker than they really are.) I paid $3.99 for this skirt which is more than I would have normally paid, but because I had my little girl with me and she loved the skirt, I couldn't put it back.



But, here's tip for shopping at Goodwill. The cashiers ring up the items based on the category that the item falls in to. The guy at the register rang the GAP shorts up in the "shorts" category, but failed to place it in "children shorts" category. Adult shorts are $5.99 and children shorts are $1.99. Quite a difference! When he corrected his error, I also questioned him about the price of the skirt. I felt certain the price wasn't $3.99, but rather $1.99, since skirts and shorts are closely related in category, but he insisted it was indeed $3.99. I didn't argue with him about it since my little one really wanted the skirt. However, had I been alone, I would have put it aside.

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! My girl would love both as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get the book prices down. Let's take a trip next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!