Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ew... Shoes?

One of the reasons I began this blog is to not only gab endlessly about my great thrift store finds, but to also show the world, that yes, you can find great brands at a fraction of the cost.

Like most women, I love shoes. However, I don't like to spend over $30.00 for a pair of shoes. Seriously. I think the last time I spend over $30 for a pair of shoes was over a year ago.

When I hit Goodwill, I don't usually go there looking for shoes. Shoes are probably the lowest on the Goodwill resale food chain because let's face it... shoes can be gross. Not only that, but people can be really hard on their shoes.

But, every once in a while, I'll spot a deal that I can't walk away from. I love these boots. When I saw them, I just knew I had to have them. The suede is ultra soft and still has that yummy leather smell. (See rule #6 to the right!) These boots are a size larger than I normally wear, but when I tried them on, they felt great. I figured a little extra room for plush socks would be just about right! I paid $9.99 for these boots. Of course, I could not find an exact match to these boots online, but on the Banana Republic website, their boots retail for around $160.00 - $200.00.
Another great find for me were these super cute Coach Soho flats. These are the most comfortable flats I've had the pleasure to place my foot in. The leather is buttery soft and as you can imagine, the quality in this shoe is outstanding. I bought these shoes several months ago and I wear them all the time. I could not find this shoe online, but at Coach.com, their flats begin at $138.00. I paid only $6.99! Another great deal!

1 comment:

Make a comment or leave a thrifty tip! I love comments and followers!